Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday's Thoughts

Well, last night turned out to be another short night. I woke up at 4:15 and couldn't go back to sleep for thinking about my brother. Finally I gave up trying to sleep, and made it to the kitchen to make the morning coffee. Then, since a heat wave was predicted for the next few days, I decided to do some housecleaning before the heat of the day. It was nice to have it done by 10:30 in the morning - I'm not usually nearly that ambitious. At this point, I should probably confess that my sweet husband does all the floors - vacuuming, mopping, etc.

You would have seen the true level of my ambition if you had happened by my house around 2:00 this afternoon. I probably wouldn't have heard you knocking at the door over my snoring. Had to make up for getting up at zero-dark-thirty this morning. Now, here it is bedtime and I'm not the least bit sleepy - vicious cycle!

Today's highlight involved taking some old appliances to the metal recyclers. Now I see why the druggies steal everything metal (just kidding!) - we had a couple of dead washing machines, a dryer, and a rusted out wood stove, for which they handsomely paid us $60 for recycling. Viva la recycling!

We felt sufficiently rich enough to enjoy lunch at our favorite little Mexican restaurant in town, and then headed home to the coolness of our little haven. We always have a breeze on our hill, and it is usually 15-20 degrees cooler here than in town. We do have the little window A/C unit humming in the background as I write, but it hasn't really gotten uncomfortably hot in our house. It was cool enough this afternoon that I had used a light blankie during my nap.

I had a lengthy, pleasant conversation with my daughter-in-law this morning. She wants to come up for a visit over the weekend, especially if I'm leaving to be with my brother for an undetermined length of time. I do really miss her and the two munchkins!

I have (for the moment - ask me again in five minutes) a real sense of peace about my brother. This could get really tough as time goes on, but I know Who holds the future, and I know Who holds my hand! I read Psalm 91 last night before going to bed - my favorite! I am using a portion of it for today's text.

MY TEXT FOR TODAY: Psalm 91:1-6
"If we live in the shadow of the Almighty, we are sheltered by the God who is above all gods. This I declare, that he alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God and I am trusting him. For he rescues you from every trap, and protects you from the fatal plague.

"He will shield you with his wings! They will shelter you. His faithful promises are your armor. Now you don't need to be afraid of the dark any more, nor fear the dangers of the day; nor dread the plagues of darkness, nor disasters in the morning."


Need your prayers...
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed!